First of all. ZOMG. I’m just going to put something out there. Stay with me here people:
Portland, OR is the Bacon Capital of the World.
Now, I’m not sayin’ … I’m just sayin’. But what I do know is that we’ve got an amazing turnout coming for Masterbacon. So far we’ve got 16 entries for the event (there is still time to get in there!), great judges lining up and 50+ people RSVP’d to attend. This is going to be a fantastically fun event.
Props go to Davis Street Tavern for hosting. Please buy drinks and snacks (they have great non-bacon dishes on the menu). Its a beautiful restaurant and I think everyone is going to love it. Full details for the event are here.
Now, on with the details!:
- Bram Pitoyo will be doing live streaming from the event doing interviews with the judges, contestants and attendees (thanks Bram!).
- The Oregonian will be sending a reporter and photographer out to cover the event.
- Please bring your cameras … make your photos public … and of course, use #masterbacon as the tag on Flickr, Facebook, etc.
- Our judges are Cami Kaos, Kelly Guimont, Pete Grillo, Andy Baio and our very own BaconGeek Nate Diniro. Want to judge? You know where to find me. (Bonus points if you’re a veggie willing to call a bacon truce for the day)
Just a quick reminder, here are the awards we’ll be giving prizes for:
- Masterbacon Grand Prize
- Masterbacon Runner-up
- Most creative use of bacon
- Most veggie friendly use of bacon
- Best presentation
- Best “would-have-been-better-hot”
- Worst use of bacon
- Best bacon dessert (this is a new one added today)
So that’s it. Get your bacon engines ready and see you all on Saturday! Woohoo!!